Thursday, November 22, 2007

The waiting game.

The apartment is spotless . . . . my sister, brother-in-law, nephew dog, and nephew came in last night, and left to visit family.  I have finished the cheese ball, mashed potatoes, and putting the napkin rings with napkins and silverware for tomorrow.  Now I am just waiting. . . . . waiting for my parents to get here and for my Thanksgiving holiday to begin with family!  So what am I doing while I wait here?  Of course!  BLOG!  Oh yeah, I am also doing some laundry.  I have to look cute while my family is here.  

Quick story about yesterday.  I had been cleaning my apartment for all of this family visiting and I propped the mop up against the kitchen counter, where I just so happened had some melted candle wax on a candle warmer.  Well, you can imagine what happened next . . . yes the mop fell over and BAM! wax was ALL over the carpet.  I wanted to cry and scream out of frustration all at the same time.  I called Derry and of course he didn't answer his phone because he was at work.  I quickly left a message though and also sent a quick text message.  I was so mad at myself for letting this happen!  I quickly got online and searched "how to get wax out carpet" and a website came up that was WONDERFUL!  I think it was an act of God in fact.  It was the first website I picked and the only one I read about it!  It told me to get some towel (it just so happened that I was getting rid of some old towels I found in the closet) and get my iron out on high and iron over the wax spots on the floor with the towel on it.  The towel soaked up the wax and you would never that it ever happened (except I am telling you the story of it).  

Life has its ups and downs I guess.  . . . you could say its a "gambill!"  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment