Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A long time . . . .

Yes it has been a while since I last blogged . . . 14 days to be exact . . . but my life has been a one long crazy stressful two weeks.  My preschool programs are officially over and done with!  Woohoo!  But right after they were over the cold virus decided to step in and make my life miserable.  All last week I came home after work and took a small nap to energize myself to do just enough, and then I would go to be at 9pm.  I am now trying to get healthy so I can smother my nephew with love when I see him this Christmas.  Now I am on the road to recovery and I have stocking stuffers to wrap, and kids going crazy the week before school.  It is funny how nice and how strict I can be in one class period.  Is this normal?  I think so.  It is the only way to cope.

I am looking forward to the barrage of presents I get from the kids this Christmas. I love it!  I love to see their little names signed on elaborate Christmas cards that they clearly can't read and didn't pick out.  I love the way they misspell my last name so it is Gamble instead of Gambill.  I love giving them hugs when they proudly hand me a gift that they are handing out to all the other specials teachers, but they make you feel like it was made just for you.  I love the confused look on their little faces when you tell them you will see them next YEAR (2008).  My kids have absolutely no concept of time at all, and I LOVE IT!!  

The spirit of Christmas has hit me and I am all too ready for family time, the sharing of gifts, the smiles, laughter, and hugs.  But I am sad to think that it will be over before I know it, just like my life has gone since I graduated college.  Where does the time go?  

As another birthday approaches I can proudly say that no one thinks I am my age (they think I am still in high school).  To quote a gentleman that helped me with Derry's present after I told him it was for my husband, saying "you don't look old enough to be married, I thought you were 17!"  Maybe it is the small bouts of acne I still get from time to time, or maybe it is the youthful glow that I have gratefully received from my mom and dad (they don't look their age).  I still have some of my kids believing that I am 15, married, and I can drive a car because I got married early.  I don't call it a lie, I just like to tease them =)

Please excuse my rambling.  I love you all and I hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment