Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Merry Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I hope everyone had a WONDERFUL Christmas yesterday!  I know I did!

Derry and I got to go down and stay with my parents for 4 days!  It was so great!  I have so much fun with my family and I didn't want to leave them yesterday . . . especially my little man Wyatt! *smile*  I LOVE being around that little baby. I hope he knows how much I love him.  I'm sure he feels it from all of us. He isn't deprived, that's for sure. 

Christmas was filled with a few days of last minute shopping with mom and sis, lots and lots of food (some healthy, some not so healthy), church, kids at church, a movie, chopping wood, playing ping pong, playing racquetball, being tired, wrapping presents, and finally opening them!  We had a ton of church family for Christmas breakfast and lunch.  Derry got to read the Christmas story out of Luke to everyone and I got to do a solo of "Silent Night" (I am still getting over my cough and cold, but it didn't sound too bad if I can brag).  Everything was perfect and a time I won't forget. 

My sister is trying to convince me to have a baby now.  I'm still not ready, but it was funny to hear her try to talk me into it.  This is the same sister that called me about two months ago and told me "hey FYI having a baby is hard."  I reminded her of this moment on the phone, and she said it gets better and she has now forgotten how hard it was when she just got 4 to 5 hours of sleep a night.  Now that she is getting more sleep, and the little man is getting cuter and sweeter by the minute she is ready to have more!!!  Is this still my sister?  It still looks and sounds like her, but she acts differently now!  =)

I don't know how many times people came up to my sister or me when I was home and thought that we were the other one.  My sister couldn't understand it because she is the "fat" one now and I am the "skinny" one.  She thinks they should see the difference by our bodies.  Sometimes people just look at the hair and face and don't see the rest of you!  But now that my sis is an "old moldy mom" (her words not mine) she should look different right?  

Well, back in Dallas Derry is working and I am trying to get our new things in order, my teacher gifts up, laundry clean, and taking a relaxing break all at the same time.  We will be going up to Oklahoma this weekend to see the Gambill fam and have Christmas with them.  Can I handle two Christmases in one week?  Oh and I can't forget my birthday next week!!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I need a little Gambill Goober to love on and send home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah! A Goober it will be! But alas we need to wait for the big trip. I can't have a baby and then leave the country! That would be terribly hard on me and the fam.

    ReplyDelete