Thursday, January 24, 2008

A day in the shoes of a teacher . . . .

Happy Birthday CHARISSA!!!

Two of my first grade boys were arguing about who's siblings are smarter than the other's sibblings. I told them that was silly and we don't know that. One boy then said, well "my dad knows the answer and it is 3". The other boy said, "well my sister knows the answer and it is 5." I said "WHAT?" The problem they had the answer to was x + y = ?. One said it was 5 and the other said it was 3!! I told them it could be both and I showed them on the board . . . now if they understood then I don't know . . . but it shut them up and I looked like the smartest teacher in the whole world!!

The spanish teacher at our school just got married and came back this week from her honeymoon. One of my 1st graders told me that she had just come back from her "honeycomb." (!!!!) Ha!

I just knew these were the stories I HAD to blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment