Friday, October 17, 2008

So sad.

I am terrible! I get an email from Old Navy and I lust over the cute clothes that I can't even get! They have adorable clothes here in Thailand, but I have yet to get something (okay I got one thing).

It is kinda nice just worrying about a few clothes. I admit that Derry and I sent 3 boxes of clothes over and have only gotten two, but I am still just wearing the clothes that I packed up two months ago when we lived with my sister. I like not having a lot of clothes to wash and worry about, but I do love clothes so much! What is wrong with me? I also like bags, shoes, and all the girl things you could imagine. And then on top of that I want everything for our house too! But, alas, it is easy to say no now. We are living on a very small budget, and the Lord has blessed us with PLENTY of things in our lives. Things are useless. I now think of all we left behind in Dallas and wish we could get rid of it, or bring it here. I do hope we live in Thailand forever, I do miss my family, but I love this wonderful place, culture, people. I get excited about everything we do here!

Okay, rambling will stop. That is one long paragraph. I do miss my family, Derry's family, friends, and everyone else in Dallas we left behind, that is the hardest part about being here =(. God has blessed us with a family here, and they are called the Morse family. All of them wonderful! And they have adopted us as their own! Thank you God!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you might as well tell how you feel. God knows already anyway. You are such so beautiful and stylish, and even Thailand has many beautiful items tempting to our flesh woman-I call her Twanda (HA)-the one in the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes." Since retiring, my limited budget sends me into pity parties quite often-I call it PMS-the "poor me syndrome." So glad to hear how much you already love the people and country.

    Love, Mom G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela,

    It is so good to hear that you are loving Thailand. It makes it so much easier on me to know that you are doing well. We love you guys so much and know that God is doing amazing things through you in Thailand. Don't worry, we can shop when I get there next summer. We are counting down the days to see what God is doing in Thailand, until then we will live through you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete