Our morning started out like any other morning we've had around here . . . well, not really . . . we actually got to skype with people we love. We have NEVER gotten to be able to do that on a morning in our house! It was GREAT! This makes the mommas greatly happy, and I guess the daddies too. It is great to see the fam again!
After the skyping, and lunch with our good friends Steve and Tirzah, we headed off to Tesco Lotus to check out the AC units. We do not have ANY air conditioning in the house yet, and it has started getting up in the 90s on some days here. This means anywhere from noon to 5ish our house can get up into the high 80s! Yes it is miserable, but we have solved that problem! They will be delivering our AC unit tomorrow after Thai class and installing it as well. By tomorrow night (hopefully) we will have a cool room to go to sleep in. Derry was great with his Thai! I played proud wife as he explained how to get to our house in Thai. He is becoming very confident in the language and even though it is broken he does a great job!
On another note. When I first got on to blogger my computer had decided to go Thai. Everything was in thai. It is kind of frustrating when it randomly does this. Now I can read thai though, figure out what it is saying, look the word up in the dictionary and figure it all out. =) Oh the joys of living in Thailand! Like our wonderful Thai teachers tell us "Thai so easy!" (try saying it with an Asian accent)
So glad that you guys are able to have an AC unit. I know that it hasn't been easy at all times. Know that we are so proud of you and cannot wait to come and see and hear all the Thai that you guys know in June. Enjoy the Internet as well...I know that it will be nice to talk more with your family and friends. We love you both!
ReplyDelete