5. Most maternity clothes are pastel colors.
4. They look too matronly.
3. Most of the Thai women wear jumpers only when they are pregnant.
2. They don't have many kinds of maternity pants at all.
1. The only maternity kinds of pants they do have cost over $30!
Derry and I went out today to look at some baby stuff, and get some prices in our heads to prepare. I like to research and make sure I can get a good deal. They have things that are different and things that are the same. We were also talking about what will happen when we come back on furlow when baby Gambill will be a year old. We figured our siblings with kids can lend us some necessary items and we can borrow from friends. It is weird to think of things like that now, but I'm a planner. Nothing is too far in advanced for me to start planning for and making lists. It keeps me busy.
Someone asked Derry if he is ready. I told them no because he is a last minute man and he'll be ready right before we go into labor. You who know Derry will have to agree with me. Tonight we were at a church social and we were telling everyone that we are expecting! They were excited for us. We got questions like: Will you be in Chiang Mai for the birth? Are you going back to America to have it? Will your mom be here for the birth? Will your parents be able to make it? Do you have names picked out?
It was fun answering questions. I learned that in New Zealand you don't pay a penny for pre-natal, post-natal, or child birth. They pay taxes that cover all of this. That would be nice. It is fun hearing everyone talk about their first and what to expect.
No comments:
Post a Comment