So I watched a few birthing videos yesterday from a website. I saw the one on C-sections and it made my stomach turn! (no it wasn't the baby!) I don't ever want to go through with it, but I'm sure if the time came and I had to I would feel differently about it and it wouldn't be that bad. I know it doesn't hurt because of the medicine, but the lady said she could feel pressure and pulling. UGH!! It makes me want to puke!
In another video I watched a lady give birth in a big bathtub. It didn't look too bad! I think I'd rather do that than the c-section any day. The baby came out all calm and they made it look so natural! The only think that grossed me out was the stuff floating in the water with you afterwards. GROSS!!
I also discovered that I would not want ANYONE filming me during the birthing process. That just isn't natural. Pics here and there are okay, but film crew? Nope!
This totally brought me back. I remember being disgusted at the thought of a water birth...for the exact same reasons you mentioned. After reading and watching many birth stories (and personally knowing people who had natural/water/home/birth center births) it didn't seem so "out there" anymore. Birth really is a natural and beautiful process...it's amazing what our bodies can do! If you go to mothering.com/discussions and check out the birth & beyond forum you'll find some great natural birth stories.
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying reading your blog, please keep your posts coming and know that we are praying for all three of you!