We had another doctor's appointment, mentioned below. Unfortunately Derry wasn't able to be there, but I did make a friend!! After arriving to my destination safely (I could get lost in Chiang Mai), I gave them my check-in card and sat down to read. After a while they call you back to pee in a cup (to be blunt) and then take your weight and blood pressure. The weight is in kilograms, so I always have to ask Derry to convert it for me so I know how much I weigh in pounds. After I weighed another woman came in with her pee cup. She heard what I weighed and didn't want to get on the scale. It turns out she weighs 3 more kg than I do! I was wondering just how far a long she was. I couldn't tell because she had this cute dress on that didn't show any of her baby bump or her body (but it was still a cute sun dress!). After getting my blood pressure taken I went back out to the waiting area and started reading again. This same woman came out and we smiled at each other. After a few minutes she comes over to talk to me. I find out that she is 4 months along, today will be her first ultrasound, and she is from Russia. How nice! She asked me if I had an ultrasound already and if she needed to drink water for it. We talked a little about having a baby in Chiang Mai, natural birth, and Dr. Supreeya (who is so wonderful!). It was nice! And it made me feel better since Derry wasn't there, to have company for a while. =)
I'll tell you about Mr. Landon now. He was moving the entire time I was at the doctor's office. While I was sitting reading and waiting, I could see him make little pumps in my tummy. It is kind of distracting when I'm trying to read (but I still love it!). When Dr. Supreeya measured my tummy it was 22 cm. as it should be. When she checked Landon's heart rate he was kicking at the thing they use to hear it. It cracked me up. I don't think he liked it very much, because every few seconds above the pitter-patter of his little heart I heard a "thud"! It was him kicking! It made me proud (why, I don't know). Everything seems to be just fine!
I heard from here on out I'm suppose to gain about a pound a week. Is that right? I sure do hope so!
No comments:
Post a Comment