Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Coconuts

Our landlady and her husband came by today to pick up rent and to do a little yard work. They also brought us fresh coconut that we watcher her smack open with a machete (they have those in Thailand too, not just Mexico!). We drank fresh coconut juice and ate on the inside. Apparently pregnant Thai women eat coconut every day (it is good for you and the baby!). What went through my head when I drank it? "I hope this doesn't hurt my bladder!" If I stay up all night, we'll know why! They are super sweet (our landlady and her husband) and I think Landon will be pampered by them when they come around for rent money!

I got some cute onesies today for Mr. Landon. They have different kinds of fairs on this street that our friends Steve and Tirzah live near. We had heard that they have good cheap baby clothes. I kept wanting to go but forgetting (good 'ol placenta brain!). When my friend Tirzah texted me to see if I wanted to go with her I said sure!! I got 9 pieces of clothing for about $8.54. Most of them were onsies, and I got a cute pair of camo pants and pajamas. A little less than $1 a piece isn't that bad of a deal! They also had bibs but I decided to wait on those seeing he won't need them for a while after he is born.

Singapore tomorrow! All the banks were closed today except one! It was a holiday today and we had forgotten this. We had to pull out the money we are taking to Singapore to get it exchange to the Singapore dollar at the airport tomorrow. I wanted to go to the bank yesterday but Derry wanted to wait. I knew it was a holiday today, and I had told Derry this too, but with my placenta brain and his plane forgetfulness, we didn't think about the banks being closed today. Fortunately our bank at Carrefour was open and we got the chance to pull the money out. I am ready for this trip, Derry, not so much. We'll have a good time though! =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Save some shopping (spoiling) for Aunties living in the states!

    ReplyDelete