Derry and I visited the hospital today! It is nice knowing where we will be going when the time comes, and the nurse there was so nice to us! Of course when you walk into the maternity ward you have to take off your own shoes and put on their flipflops. I'm not sure why, but we did it!
They first take you into a room with a few other ladies to check to see if you are dialated and everything is going on as it should. This is where they check your birth plan and make sure all my wishes come true! They will also take all of our papers and get our birth room ready.
The next room is the birth room. We are going natural so there is a shower we can use and tables that I can lean on and just about anything I want. They also have hot pads for my back and belly and a roller to roll on my back for pain. I do have a yoga ball I will be bringing in for the delivery. This room was quite large! There will be plenty of room for me to walk around in and help with the pain.
The next room will be the room we will stay in. They were full that day so we only saw pics in a brochure, but they were pretty nice. Derry will be able to stay with me all nights and we will have A/C!
Looks like we are almost ready for this baby to come!! =)
How exciting!
ReplyDelete