Saturday, October 10, 2009

Weird . . .

This is very strange. Little man has been sleeping in his moses basket for over an HOUR now!! Amazing! He hasn't slept like that during the day in a few weeks now. Maybe Derry drugged him and I didn't see it. Or maybe I ate something that made him drowsy. Oh well! Derry and I have played a game of Bohnanza, I have made granola, and now I am updating the blog with words and not just pictures!!

Last week was a big week. Landon turned one month old on the 2nd of October and at the end of September Derry and I celebrated our one year anniversary in Thailand. It is crazy to think we have already been here a year! Wow! Where did the time go? It has been a wonderful year. We have learned a lot of cultural things, including a new language, and driving on the wrong side of the car and road. We have also learned a lot more about each other! God has fit us perfectly together (although we both tend to sleep in late and stay up late and that isn't good at all).

Landon has been so fun the past couple of weeks. He is starting to smile at us more and be more responsive to us. Sometimes we just lay him on the bed and talk to him and play with him until he gets tired and fussy and ready to eat again. It can almost last up to an hour sometimes!! He has also fallen in LOVE with bath time. This has been enjoyable for all of us. We will sit there and just watch him in the water. He is so precious!! Although he has been known to pee and then proceed to poop in the water right after we put him in it (this has happened on at least one, or two, or three occasions!). I think the water is warm and it relaxes him and everything just comes out!! Derry and I have also both been pooped and peed on already. Derry is so much better at handling it better than me. Although I am in charge of pulling out boogers (even though I gag when they are on my finger, I HATE boogers!). Has this post become to graphic/disgusting for you? I'll stop.

We are still hanging in there. Counting down the weeks until my parents and grandpa get here (5 weeks!). Oh what fun it will be, and oh how the weather will be so much cooler and more enjoyable!

4 comments:

  1. when you're a mom (especially of a little one) everything that goes into and comes out of your baby is fair game for discussion and description in graphic detail. It just comes with the territory. Not until you have kids does the topic of poop (it's color, consistency, frequency, odor, etc) become perfectly acceptable dinner conversation.
    Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poop isn't gross until you realize you've had a secret stain on you all day and you didn't know it . . .

    ReplyDelete