Wednesday, June 16, 2010

He said MAMA!!

Apparently my sweet little man thinks that the word 'mama' is the funniest thing on the earth (next to everything dada does). Whenever I say it, he cracks up laughing! Today though, Derry called me after his dentist appointment (he got three cavities filled), I was sitting in a chair and Landon pulls up to stand at my lap, looks up at me, and says, "mamamama" and then grins at me really big!! It made my DAY!! He said it once again tonight. He is making more and more sounds every day, it is hard to keep up with all the new ones to post them. He does make a sound that starts with an L and it sounds like he is saying his name, but I think it is gibberish or he is mimicking the sound of his name. He is such a smart little thing!!

Update on trying to walk:
Landon now cruises the room by holding on to furniture. Tonight, I was secretly watching him, and he got to the end of the chair where there was nothing else to hold on to. He stood for a moment, thinking, and then he let go of the chair, stood there for a few seconds (I could tell he was thinking about walking), and then tried to take a step. He fell down, but earlier he was successful in taking one step on his own.

Teeth update:
Still no 5th tooth, but it is right under the skin. Landon has been running a low grade fever for a few days and has been kind of chilled out for the past two days. This makes me believe that it will pop out soon, we'll see. He did sleep until 6:30am this morning (he didn't wake for his normal 5am feeding) and I woke up worried (a little). I then talked myself out of it and got a little more sleep before he woke me up to eat.

I thank God every day for that little bundle of joy. It just amazes me how much love I have for him. It reminds me of the love God has for us. It makes me want to do more things for HIM and make HIM happy, just like my little guy makes me happy (when he calls me mama, and other things)!

Destructobaby!!!

Picking out a book to read!

That is one big Jack Fruit!!! Almost as big as Landon!

Daddy's biggest fan!! He loves watching Derry play on the Wii!

He loves to squat now. He goes from squatting to standing without touching anything! And his new favorite is to suck on his cereal (thus the funny face in the picture).

No comments:

Post a Comment