Wednesday, February 2, 2011

success!!

So far, Leo and Lilly have not tried to escape again! We even open our gate to drive in and they stay right there! Woohoo! They love us! The really love us! Although this is only the second (not even full) day we have had them, but I think they feel like part of the family.

While Derry was gone today, Landon and I ventured out to play with the dogs. Of course Landon freaks out at first, but then he does fine and realizes that the dogs won't jump or lick on him. Landon would go pick up a squeaky ball, squeak it, and then throw it for the dogs (sadly neither one of the dogs would go for the ball). But Landon got brave and at one point Leo came and rolled on top of the ball then laid down on his side. The ball was at Leo's neck and I told Landon to go get the ball. He walked up really slow to get the ball, Leo didn't move at all, Landon chickened out once and came back a little, then went for it again and got the ball! I was so proud of Landon for being so brave! Leo didn't blink an eye the entire time, he could have cared less what was happening.

Tomorrow we plan on taking the dogs on a walk to get to know the neighborhood. They have met some of the neighbors dogs, but they haven't been out of our yard yet really. This will give them a good idea of everything if they ever do get out.

Things are really looking upward ministry wise. We have some decisions to make about language study and keeping busy with different things. I really feel like we are on the same track after coming back from furlough. I get excited about our future, having kids here, and our ministry here. I guess furlough really got me pumped up and looking toward the future a lot! Super pumped for what the Lord has planned for us! =)


1 comment:

  1. Going to the Well asking on your behalf that your ministry be pumped full of Living Water! We enjoy your blog more than you can know.

    Mom G

    ReplyDelete