Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympics

For some reason this year I am SO EXCITED about the olympics!  Not sure why, but I was ready and frantic trying to find out how I could watch it here in Thailand.  I'm sure it is on the local TV stations, and we don't have any kind of cable or satellite here, but it was too hard trying to find which channels and what times it would be on.  A friend then told me that TouTube.com was streaming it, and it is AWESOME!

I put on a rerun of the opening ceremonies today at lunch.  We were all enthralled.  The kids sat silent, eating their sandwiches, just watching away.  I, being pregnant, got super emotional for some reason and started crying within the first 10 minutes.  Soon Emery was ready to get out of her high chair and I grabbed her out and she snuggled down on my shoulder.  I just stood there, continuing to watch it, while swaying back and forth with her in my arms.  A few minutes later I looked down at Landon sitting in his chair, holding a chip, watching his eyes get heavier and heavier until he started to nod off.  This of course sent me into a sudden rush of giggles.  Emery was in my arms, falling to sleep, and Landon was nodding off at the dinner table.  All of this before 1pm, their normal nap time being 1:30.  I show Derry while I try to keep my giggles at a minimum.  Somehow Emery falls asleep with me giggling, Derry pauses the video and asks Landon if he is ready to take a nap.  Landon cheerfully proclaims "I like taking naps.  It makes me happy!".  We all walk upstairs and deposit the kids in their rooms.  Emery slept for an hour and a half, and Landon is still sleeping.  =)  

Can't wait to see what happens when we watch it again at dinner tonight! =)  

No comments:

Post a Comment