Wednesday, October 30, 2013

i swept the floors today


So, only my Thai peeps will completely understand this, because you just don't understand house cleaning in Thailand unless you live here.  We currently do not have a house helper (aka MaeBaan pronounced 'may bon'). This means EVERYTHING is dirty, and gets dirty fast.  

I've cleaned very little since we got back three weeks ago.  This means I haven't mopped, cleaned the master bathroom, mopped upstairs, mopped A N Y W H E R E, cleaned any toilets, and have rarely changed the sheets (maybe one? I know, EW!).  We interviewed a lady interested in being our house helper but she declined because the family she was going to leave made her feel bad (another thing about Thai culture).  I'm not sure how I'm gonna keep up with all the house work AND finish unpacking (although I have unpacked all the luggage and boxes, and the luggage has been put away, I still have some re-arranging to do upstairs *smile*).  

It will get done.  I am currently doing the dishes about 5 times a day. Seriously. Not an exaggeration! I don't mind it to much, it's the floors that get me . . . . it could be worse though.  I guess we're spoiled here in Thailand *another smile*.


No comments:

Post a Comment