Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Thailand Style

 Living in Thailand and being an American and having kids that understand holidays, I am highly aware that I need to expose my children to these holidays and try to help them understand. 

My 4 year old son also attends a preschool, but they are an Australian based curriculum and don't celebrate the same holidays as we do.  They still have school on Thanksgiving day!  

I decided we would make some turkey cupcakes to share at school to commemorate the holiday! 


Two of the turkey cupcakes we sent to school with Landon to share with his class.  


We saved these two for daddy and Emmy.
She was eyeing them all during lunch!
The day before Thanksgiving, I put myself to work and made three pies, a sweet potato casserole, and stove top stuffing!
Making pie crust!  Starts with A LOT of flour. 
Pie crust in the making.
Two pecan pies almost done!


My first ever fruit pie! Mulberry!
All done and it smelled so good. 
I like making pecan pies in Thailand.
It's a rarity and everyone loves them!
They are japanese sweet potatoes.
They taste just like the ones we use in America.

The inside. When they are baked up, they look almost greenish gray.
We spent Thanksgiving Day at Tom and Debbie Morse's house.
There were others that joined us too, but we got there in the morning and helped out and played!
Our arrival at Tom and Debbie's house!


Cohen quickly fell in love with Uncle Richard!
He hunkered on down and promptly went to sleep!
Regular potatoes before the were mashed into yummy goodness!

Derry working on cutting the potatoes and Tom carving the turkey!
Joshua decide to help Derry.
Add caption
I was there cheering them on, and look, there are my three pies!

After baking/cooking it was time for games!

Em loves the iPad!

Grammy D reading to the kids. 
They snuggled on down and let her read away!

She wanted me to take her picture.
This was my breakfast!
J/K I brought these from the States and decided to share. 
The beautiful table.

A mountain of rolls!
The yummy food everyone brought!

Landon and Emmy's table!
Happy Thanksgiving!


It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and we are blessed to share it with wonderful people!
Tom and Debbie love it too because it is like having grandkids around! 
Landon, Emery, and Cohen get a chance to see what it is like to grow up with family.

We are truly blessed here in Thailand!

1 comment:

  1. Caption for the potato cutting pic: Wait. You let Derry loose with a knife?!

    ReplyDelete