I was going to blog yesterday, but drama happened and the Internet decided not to work. I've decided to write down some funny things that I hear kids in my classes say. They crack me up so much sometimes! Here are a few:
Yesterday in one of my Kindergarten classes we were talking about an animal and how they move. One little girl sitting in the front row looked like she was really thinking about something. She suddenly looked up at me and said in the most serious tone, "I was born on my birthday!" I wanted to bust out laughing at her but I just nodded and kept on going!
While lining up another class, kindergarten again, some kids were talking about nap time. I heard one of them say, "I don't like nap time." I asked him why not and continued telling him that teachers would love a designated nap time during the day. Over hearing our conversation another little girl was telling me and some other children that they should be able to watch TV for 10 hours and take a nap for 1 second. She kept saying this over and over again like it was the perfect plan there was. I told her that there wasn't' anything good on TV to watch anymore and she said that she would keep it on the Disney Channel. Apparently I'm missing a chunk of my life because my husband and I don't have the Disney Channel!
While lining up my preschool 4 year olds after a fun time in music I told them to slowly walk backwards to their place in line. They took this seriously as one student yelled out to another student "NO! You don't have your tonsils!" Then she looked at me and said "He can't walk backwards he doesn't have his tonsils anymore!"
Oh they are so adorable aren't they??? =)
Derry's surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 2pm. I am getting nervous as the days get closer. My dad is coming into town to be with us and that makes me feel a lot better. There is something about a parent being there in some of the scariest and hardest parts of your life that make everything better. THANK YOU DAD! I'll blog about the surgery on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment