Yes, Derry and I did just come back from half price books. They are currently having a 20% off of EVERYTHING in the store and Derry wanted to go so badly. Okay, I let him go, only because he let me go to Pier 1 when we were out shopping two weeks ago. Of course the fact that there is 20% off makes me want to buy a book or two just for the fact that there is a discount involved. Do we need these book? Of course not, but we both LOVE books so much that it is our weakness together.
Derry gets the urge, as always, to use the bathroom while we are there. Something with books always moves through him . . . its a good thing they have bathrooms! I start out looking for thank you cards to send out to my students for their wonderful Christmas gifts they brought me. Just on the other side of the cards is the section with all of the computer stuff, so somehow I decided that I needed a book on digital photography. I picked the one with colored pictures, not the black and white book with hardly any pictures. Then I head off to the religous section and find myself looking at the finance books . . . decided not to get any and head off to the scrapbooking book section. These books are over priced and I decide I can look online for ideas. By this time Derry has found me after visiting the restroom and he is going to his many different sections searching for the same authors he loves to read. Whil I'm browsing and walking toward the religous section again (this is where Derry has now ended up) I happen to stumble upon a picture dictionary and show Derry, this in turn ends up being one of our purchases. Derry and I are now sitting on the floor in front of the religous philosophy section. Derry wants a philosophy book for some reason (and I'm thinking, "didn't you take a philosophy class in college, where is that book?") but he seems to like that kind of stuff. So I sit there an indulge in a book called "The Greatest Philosophers" and look at the pictures of smart people. Then I find a workbook on how to think critically and quickly deciding I don't want to think that way put it back up. Derry decides he wants a $17 philosophy book but puts it back in hopes of finding a cheaper one on another day.
After all of this I tell him I'm ready to go and we end up with a digital photography book, a picture dictionary, some cheap philosphers book, and a farside book telling of how the comic got started. Oh, I forgot, we did end up getting a Jesus action figure while waiting in line. It will be a present to someone some day soon.
So that is the story of our trip to half price books. Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment