Thursday, January 3, 2008

What?!?!?!

Nothing has really been going on around here lately.

Monday Derry and I decided at noon that we wanted to have people over to help bring in the new year with us. I just wanted to cook a whole lot of snack food, so that was the start of it. After calling a lot of people we ended up with 4 of our friends joining us at 8pm. Derry surprised me from work by coming home early (I want to say around 2ish). So he helped me go grocery shopping and also helped pick up our not so perfect apartment. I cooked sausage weiners with bacon, and also wrapped some in crausants and cheese, we had a chocolate fondue with fruit (that was a big hit), we had my famous spinach dip and cheese ball with tortilla chips and wheat crackers, there was also a cheese/meat/cracker tray, popcorn in popcorn bags (it was so cute!), and I think that was about it. I am trying to picture my over crowded table with tons of food so as not to forget anything! Oh yeah! I almost forgot, I had stuff to make smores in our fire place =).

One of my closest friends (and old college roommate) brought over a blow horn! Fortunate enough for us her brother is marrying our apartment complex manager, so if we got in trouble for making too much noise with the blow horn I would blame it on her almost sister-in-law!

We had fun playing the Wii, watching Family Guy (Derry got for Christmas), and just talking. We watched the ball drop twice and then everybody was gone by 1am. Derry and I didn't get to sleep until around 2pm because we had to put all the food up!

It was fun and I think much needed for both of us. It was a chance to have fun and fellowship, I got to show off my Christmas decorations, and we need to have people around sometime!

Yesterday Derry had the day off. We slept in 'til about 11am (don't forget we went to bed around 2am). Derry didn't feel to good so we chilled in our jammies, ate popcorn, and watched football games until our showers and finally getting out the door around 3ish. We went to Best Buy to pick out my birthday present from Derry. We now are owner of a camcorder!!! I am so excited! We actually found it cheaper at Wal-Mart.com and they had a better warranty that was cheaper and a year longer than best buy. So we saved a lot of money (including shipping) and got a better deal! I got the Runyon blood in me of trying to get a better deal. My Grandma Runyon would be proud of me if she knew!

Today Derry is back at work and I am attempting to get some errands ran and I need to take our Christmas decorations down. Tomorrow is my 20th birthday =) and Friday I will be going up to school to figure out what I am going to teach the kids next week!

Happy New Years to all! May God bless you richly this year and you bless those around you! As I hear parents tell their kids when they get out of the car in the morning at school "make the right choices" and from me "show Christ to other by how you act!"

1 comment: