Thursday, January 10, 2008

Half way there . . .

Well . . . I am half way through this week of school! Today was actually a very easy day because they let us out early! They started construction on the new gym at school and they hit the water line and the school had no water! They sent out emails and parents were picking up their kids by 1pm.

Some funny things from one of my 4 year old classes yesterday:
I had the kids read some rhythms and they did an amazing job falling along with me. At the end I told them that they were so amazing! I asked them if they knew they were so amazing and they said no . . . except for one little boy. I looked over at him and he said "I know I am amazing because I am a REAL LIFE SUPERMAN!" It made me laugh and the kids around him was telling him he wasn't.

What are these kids thinking when they say this stuff! It was priceless.

In this same class I was telling the kids that I had a birthday over the Christmas break (I think one of the little girls had her birthday over the break too). One of the little boys (a different one from the above story) asked me what day my birthday was on. I told him it was last Thursday and without blinking or thinking he said, "oh that was the 3rd" (he was now holding 3 fingers up). I said, "how did you know that?" He replied "because I looked at the calendar." Surprisingly there was no calendar in the room we were in and I asked him what calendar he looked at and it was the one in his classroom. He also told me that "mimi's birthday is on the 15th (of February) and then you skip a month and then it's my birthday on the 15th, and that is a Tuesday." In my head I am thinking "how does this little kid know this! He is a genius!"

I love my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment