. . . is just about the best thing in the world. . . especially before moving to a far off country, like Thailand. I can't call mom every day, or at every exciting, angry, or confusing moment I got through. I can't call big sis just to see how my little man is doing, does he have any new teeth, can he say Auntie Ang yet? And I can't call dad with those plant fix it problems, or DIY home remedies. I can call on God all the time though, and that will be my family on speed dial (press #1 then talk - it goes straight to him).
Stuff that is going through my head: am I close enough to God right now to be going to Thailand? One thing that I have learned from my dad is that I can rely on God for everything. My entire life I have watched my dad living his life leaning on God and trusting in Him with EVERYTHING he does. Just the other day while my sister and brother-in-law and I were looking at new houses, my sister said something that struck me. She is trusting on God to provide the house that they can afford and fall in love with. We have both picked this up from parents that both completely trust in God in everything they do. Is it silly to trust in God with such a "small" thing in life? No. He will always be there for me, and in my "simple" faith, or should I say "simple" mind, I trust in God for even the "smallest" of things, like finding a parking spot that is safe at the mall. You can laugh, I don't care, my dad did when I told him this once. But I find that this works for me quite nicely.
So, there is a blog for a week that has been exciting and not so exciting all at the same time. Enjoy trusting in God, and get excited about what is coming up in the future for you! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment