Funny thing just happened to me! I was trying to get onto my blog site and everything was in Thai! Well, everything but my posts! Good thing I have been blogging for a while. I remembered what set of words at the top right hand corner were "Sign in" and clicked on it and it signed me right in! I then searched for a way to switch it back to English so I could read what was going on and stumbled upon the link. The page is now in English again and I can read what everything says.
Well, it is 4am in the morning here and I have been up for about an hour. My body is telling me I am not tired anymore so after laying in bed for almost an hour trying so hard to go back to sleep I decided to get online and search . . . for nothing really. Derry is sleeping soundly in bed and all I can hear is the blowing of the two fans in our room, the sound of light rain outside, and the chirping of crickets all around us. It also has that fresh rain smell in the air, along with a feeling of stickyness. The thermometer in our room is telling me it is around 78 degrees in here, but it has a nice cool damp feeling.
Last night for dinner we had a wonderful array of good smelling foods. They serve rice with everything here (Ron said instead of potatos, it is rice here!), so of course that is the first thing that is put on our plate. The funny thing to me is here they use rice cookers all the time, which I've heard are slower than just cooking on stove top. Maybe it cuts down on the heat that is produced while cooking in the kitchen? I'm not sure. Moving on, on top of the rice we put some bbq pork loin, on the side some smashed up squash (it was orange and oh so good), with stewed mustard greens (another one of my faves here), and a salty vegie Thai 'paste' (only use a little) that can be mixed into the rice (it was pretty good too!). And at the end, of course, some fruit to eat (which pretty much satisfies my sweet toothe). Oh and Derry is eating all the vegies too! I am so pumped about this! Pat also told us that they do have classes here that you can take to teach you how to cook Thai dishes. That may be something that I take down the road (not sure though, because of cost, and do they have classes in English?).
All in all, I have not tasted aything I don't like here, I am still not on the right sleeping schedule, and I am "ready" to get to our house and get it all set up (we have lived with people for over a month now, it makes it hard after a while).
No comments:
Post a Comment