Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Where do I post?

It is funny because I am not sure where to post! There are so many new things going on that I have posted most of them on our website: www.gambillsgothai.com. I have neglected to post anything on here for a while. I do have to admit that the internet is very S L O W here and it is driving me crazy (although it is faster than most). I guess I didn't know how spoiled I was in Dallas until now. We are borrowing the wireless from our neighbors though, so that could be a factor in it. It does make me nervous thinking about moving into our house because I am not sure what kind of internet we will have there (or if we'll have any at all!). If not I am sure I will find a way!

We did go out on a short shopping trip with Pat today. It was interesting to see the shops and what they sold and for how much. The washing machines are VERY different here and much much smaller. They also DO NOT have dryers here. The food is different and Pat taught us that a lot of food has palm oil in it, which is cheap but very bad for your body. You can also find palm oil in dry milk product for babies (carnation brand). So we learned a lot from our shopping trip.

It has been overcast all day but has not gone of 80 degrees in temperature. It is still very humid, but being inside with a fan I still get a small chill when it blows on me. I did get a bit chilly last night and had to pull up another sheet, but it wasn't too bad.

We did get signed up with Thai language classes at the University down the street from the house we are renting. We will be starting them on the 20th of this month. That should allow us plenty of time to get settled in before we have to do too much studying! The classes are from Monday to Friday, 9am to 12pm. We are very excited about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment