
Not really, but I am in denial about Christmas. My total sense of being prepared for this wonderful holiday has been ruined since being in Thailand. What am I exactly feeling? I'll tell you:
1. I don't know where to go Christmas shopping.
2. I can't get away from Derry to shop for him.
3. We have NO Christmas stockings here!!
4. The Christmas decorations just aren't the same.
5. I miss my decorations from home (which are in storage).
6. I don't know what to get anybody because of #1.
7. Where is my family? Oh wait! They are in America! Not with me =(
Yes, sad to say I do feel these things. Which brings to mind the REAL meaning of Christmas. It isn't the decorations (although Norma did get us a pretty awesome 12 piece nativity set!), it isn't the presents, it isn't my family, but it is the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ who died on the cross to save us from our sins. I am pure because of Jesus. I no longer have to worry about my past and my sins and I can look forward to being in heaven one day because of Him.
I guess I can get caught up in missing Christmas celebrated the U.S., or I can embrace the TRUE meaning and be happy with what I have (Please don't think that I am not happy here in Thailand. Change is just hard!).
On another note, I have been baking all day today and yesterday. What for? The only thing I can think of giving people! Cookies and goodies for the holiday! Maybe next year I'll know all of the good shopping places and already have people's presents before the eve before Christmas eve!
This week will involve:
1. hanging out with some GREAT friends tonight
2. Spending Christmas eve with Norma, Kevin, and some church people. Then we will be going to a before party at another house and then at 11pm going to the Christmas Eve service. (Yes, I know, a loooooooong evening!)
3. Christmas morning will be spent with Tom and Debbie and their kids and then off to Walter and Jeanette Ridgley's house with Norma for evening festivities.
4. Friday? Off to the Burma border for passports renewals. Yes we have been in Thailand for 90 days!!!! Can you believe it? Neither can I!
I hope as I write this that no one reading is experiencing any "bah-humbug" symptoms and each of you have a WONDERFUL Christmas week!
I love you and while I don't have your same seven list, there are some non-Christmas spirit here too. Thanks for reminding me of the real reason for Christmas!
ReplyDelete