This weekend flew by fast and furious! Not without some drama and fun though=)
As you know, our friends had their baby on Wednesday and my sis had her baby on Thursday. No baby for me YET, but I'm praying he comes soon so I can sleep more than four hours a DAY.
The drama: on Friday I was sitting in our room on the bed being a good student and studying for my spelling test. I had been there for about and hour and a half (Derry was already with the tutor out in the dining room at the time) minding my own business when all of a sudden Landon decides to give me a good 'ol kick in the ribs! Now, normally this would not have been so excruciating, but when I was sick, I think I popped out a floating rib and it had already been hurting, so Landon decides to give it a nice kick and instantly I knew something was wrong. I stood up and started pacing the floor. I also started crying because it hurt so bad. No position I put myself in made it feel any better. The more he moved, the worse it hurt! I tried to lean over the bed to get him away from it, but it just made it hurt worse. The only way that it felt remotely better was when I leaned up with my arms against the wall, and my head looking up. But it was still excruciating. Finally, after 15 minutes of crying and pacing, Derry walks in the room from his lesson to see if I'm ready for mine. This makes me cry even harder because I didn't want to miss Thai, but I could barely move from the pain in my rib. We canceled my lesson and the rest of the night I layed in bed with ice on my side (this didn't help with the pain one bit, but it did get Landon to move away from the area!). It took a couple of days to get better. It still hurts and I am hoping that he will stay away from it for good. The little stinker knows how to get some attention though!!
Saturday morning we woke up for a doctors appointment at 9. She said he is half engaged and it could be any time now. His heart beat sounded nice and strong. We aren't sure if I am dilated or anything because she is pretty hands off about that stuff until delivery. After the appointment I dropped Derry off and headed to my baby shower! It was super fun and we got lots of cute things. A good variety of blankets and clothes for different ages of his life (up to 12 months). I'll have to post some pics from the shower soon.
Sunday was AMAZING (yes, my rib still hurt on Saturday and Sunday, but at least I could move!). A group of my lady friends all went down to the market and introduced me to Chiang Mai Plastics. This place was fab! It was like going in to a craft store (Michael's or JoAnn's Fabrics). I was in HEAVEN! I got a few things to make Landon a pacifier clippy and some cute ribbon, and then we all got some beads to make some necklaces. We will be having a craft night tonight at my house and making our beautiful necklaces! I am very excited about this! I have been feeling very crafty lately and thought it would be fun to have a girl's craft night. =) I'll have to post a pic of our necklaces when we get them made!
Sounds like a soccer player in the making. I am so sorry he hurt you. Derry was extremely active. I knew I was pregnant before the test, even tho I was only a month along. That is usually way too soon to feel them move. Happy about your shower and you deserve the craft time. Your new niece is lovely. I bet she has Brett wrapped around her finger.
ReplyDelete