The night before last I had a mommy moment. Landon slept from 10pm until 1:30am. I woke up in a panic around 1, because he likes to eat about every two hours. My body has become used to this. Anyways, I awoke in a panic because he hadn't called out for met yet. What went through my head? Is he dead? Seriously. My heart began to race. I stopped in to go to the bathroom, these thoughts running through my had. I hadn't heard a peep from him since 10pm. This isn't right. What is going on!? So I left the bathroom light on and peeked in on him (under the blanket). I couldn't tell if he was breathing, so I hand went up to his chest to feel it go up and down, and it did. Thank you Jesus!! He's alive! Why is he still sleeping? Isn't he hungry? So, I crawled back in bed, and closed my eyes, and listened for the next 30 minutes, until he started hollerin' for me! Thank you Jesus!
I'm sure every mom goes through something like that with their first kid, right? I'm not a psycho right? Am I? No.
Derry had a moment kind of like that. It was in the first week we had Landon home. He said he heard Landon (I was holding Landon in bed with me at the time) and he sat straight up and started rocking his hands, like he was holding him. After a few short seconds he realized he wasn't holding anything and that I had Landon. Funny things we do these days with lack of sleep and a newborn.
Last night Landon slept for 5 hours. I'm not sure why. Derry got him to go down after I fed him for an hour. He then decided not to wake up until 5:30! It was around 5am that my body was ready to nurse and I sat straight up in bed and had the covers off in no time. I then realized that Landon was sound asleep and hadn't hollered for me yet. What is with this kid? I then went back to sleep for the remaining 30 minutes until we finally decided it was time. Maybe he will start sleeping longer at night! Maybe not. We'll just have to see!
And one more thing. This is a conversation heard between Derry and Landon last week sometime.
Derry: So Landon how is it wearing onesies?
Landon: Blank stare at the wall.
Derry: You don't have to worry about your bottom matching the top or the top matching the bottom.
Landon: Blank look at Derry.
Derry: Maybe I should try and wear onesies from now on so I don't have to worry about matching.
Landon: Blank stare at wall.
Meanwhile I'm trying not to pee my pants because I'm laughing so hard at the randomness of it all. I guess it has to do something with not getting enough sleep these days? =)
LOL
ReplyDeleteSo totally normal!!! There was one night where Austin and I passed a pillow back and forth thinking it was Caleb.
I totally woke up last night waiting for Miss M to wake up so I could feed her =)
ReplyDeleteand.. . . for a week, Brett and I would literally jump out of bed from sleep to make sure she was still breathing. .
ReplyDeleteIf you ever get Derry to wear a Onesie, you will have to post pictures :-D
ReplyDelete