Tuesday, January 5, 2010

MOMMY!

Who's been biting down and pulling away while nursing?
Who DEMANDS that mommy puts him to sleep again after he wakes up in the night time?

YUP! Landon!

Oh the joys of being a mommy. Little man refuses anyone but mommy to lull him to sleep again. He screams when Derry goes in and tries to cuddle and sing him back to sleep. When Derry hands him over, he instantly stops crying and settles down (I don't even have to nurse him for this to happen). Grrrr!

Even through our frustrations with a baby I want the Lord to prevail in EVERYTHING we do. I don't want to be a couple who is mad at each other just because they are frustrated with the baby. Satan has no stronghold in a marriage who constantly turns to God during times of frustration.

(My thoughts from the last hour in written form.)

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Landon is having a rough time. Have you tried any of the FB suggestions to your question about him? Many of the ideas sounded great. You are right, when you are a parent, Satan *tries* to use your children to divide two tired parents. Don't you make him smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fussy book I was talking about is called "The Wonder Weeks" book...it was enlightening to say the least.

    He's sounds about the right age/stage for The shh-pat method described in the baby whisperer book.

    There is a major sleep regression at about 4 months...and again at 7, 11, and 15 months.

    I don't know what your thoughts are on co-sleeping or side-carring a crib but on the really bad nights that was what worked for us. Thankfully there is no one right way...you just need to do what is right for you all as a family.

    One last suggestion. Do you think he may be teething?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I meant to add...it's kinda hard to read your posts with the new background behind the text. but I LOVE the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I'm in the process of changing the background. =) Charissa got me the wonder weeks book. It is great. I think teeth are part of the problem. He sleeps in our bed for half of the night. He is fine in his crib for the first feeding or so, after he goes down at 9:30. Over-all it is fine with me, it just gets frustrating when I am the only one he wants during the night. Last night he squirmed the ENTIRE night and nursed a lot too. I've read EVERYWHERE that you need to make sure they get well fed during the day. I am trying to do this, but last night he was on my boob all night (mostly to use me as a pacifier I'm sure). We will get through this. I've been looking up some of your suggestions (Sarah) and found a bunch of Dr. Sears articles. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The biting down/ pulling off while nursing was a classic teething sign for Caleb. I really hope you are able to find a solution that works soon. I really feel for you on the lack of sleep thing. It bites!! But it does get better...

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT DOES GET BETTER =) I was at a Bible study yesterday morning and there were at least 4 other ladies going through the same thing that you are. . . I'm so glad I'm on the other side of it! If you know he is full, you need to let Derry work to try to calm him for a bit. YOU need a break and Landon needs to know that Derry will work too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charissa is right on with her advice. I allowed Carrington to use me as a pacifier WAY TOO OFTEN, and she had to learn how to be comforted in other ways besides me. Can you get Hyland's teething tablets there? If teeth are the problem, they can help.

    ReplyDelete