Monday, May 23, 2011

labor

Last night was a looooooong night. I think I got maybe 3 hours of sleep the entire night. I was convinced that I was going into labor and E was going to be born today! But she didn't come and labor quickly left me.

All the signs were there, just like when we had L. It started out with some contractions throughout the day, which I ignored. Then came the emptying of the bowels (the icky part of beginnings of labor), in which came a few VERY PAINFUL contractions in which I thought I would puke. E has a knack for pushing down on a nerve that goes down my right leg. I told Derry it felt like my leg was on fire. This lasted for a few minutes, but it felt like an hour. She has been slightly pushing on this same nerve throughout today, which leads me to believe she has dropped. Around 3:45, when the contractions were coming closer together, and I wasn't comfortable trying to sleep anymore, I woke Derry up and we finished packing our bags. We both took showers, and then around 5 am we laid back down to wait it out . . . and then the contractions stopped! Ugh! How frustrating!

Today has been a long day. Derry let me take a longer nap (in which I am soooo grateful for), but I'm ready to go to bed. I also feel a little more hungry today, which also leads me to believe E has dropped, but it could also be due to the fact that I didn't get enough sleep last night.

I've had ONE contraction today, and a few more have followed this evening. We'll see what the next 24 hours leads to. I was hoping she would be born today (because it is my Grandpa Runyon's birthday), but unless she comes out in the next few hours, that won't be happening. =)

2 comments:

  1. hang in there. . .that labor is working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, just not getting my hopes up too high! She'll come when she is ready!

    ReplyDelete