Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Potty Training - Day 3

Yeah, so I skipped yesterdays post.

Day 2 recap:
L woke up VERY emotional. He has been getting up early since Friday or Saturday and to add potty training to the mix, I'm sure caused a lot of confusion to the pot. Yesterday wasn't so bad. He asked for a diaper once, and he didn't poop. He didn't drink a lot, so he didn't pee a lot.

Day 3 recap:
Today was pretty good. He is getting sick of pure juice so we are going back to water most of the time tomorrow. He pooped in the pot and I didn't even know it. He even tried to get some wipies out to clean up after himself and I had NO CLUE. I feel bad that I wasn't there to cheer him on (you know me), but he did it all by himself and that makes me happy. So far this has been easier than what I expected (although we haven't added underwear to the mix, but I think I'll wait a week or two for that one!). Tonight, it was just the three of us, Derry was doing a Bible study at the Lisu church. We were watching some Bubble Guppies and I watched L get up, run into the bathroom, pee, and come back out. He is so quiet about it, but super good! Love that little guy!

We'll see what tomorrow holds for us!

What is E up to these days? Holding on for dear life! The first day of potty training, I would pop up every 15 minutes to put L on the potty. Some of those times I was nursing her, and I would jump up, and she would hold on while everything was going on.

She has been sleeping less during the day and becoming more talkative. She likes to talk to her brother when we are going some place in the car. It is so cute. We will park, and I open the door to get her out and she is just staring at him. Love it! She gets plenty of kisses from him in the morning too! I think he misses her during the night.

She likes to sit up more and her head has finally become super stable. Since birth she has been able to hold it up, but now it isn't so wobbly. She watches everything, and loves her momma! Dada is nice to lay on and go to sleep on (you know Derry, such a pacer!).

Last week, for the entire week, she only woke up once during the night (different than her two times), but now she has started back at waking up twice. One of those nights I had to wake her up because I was ready to nurse her! She was out cold! She gives me WAY MORE sleep than L did, so it is nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment