Sunday, November 6, 2011

last minute

I knew this while I was dating him, and didn't even think about how it would work in our lives.  Derry is a last minute guy.  How so?  He would stay up in college, all night, and finish off his research papers, and make good grades on them.  He waits until the last minute to finish something and that drives me bonkers!  Why?  I'm a plan ahead kind of person.  I like to plan and get stuff done with time to spare.  I'd like it done now, why wait?  Apparently we are complete polar opposites on this subject.  Derry has been doing everything around the house that needs to get done before his family gets in next week.  Some of these things I've been asking him to do for MONTHS (almost 8 months ago for a few items), and he is getting them done now.  (And I'm happy things are getting done, don't get me wrong, I just wish it wasn't at the end in a rush/deadline.)

Any ideas on how I can use this to help motivate him in ministry?  Starting up things?  I don't want to almost be dropped by a church, only for Derry to do something last minute and save our back sides (or not save our back side!).  I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just trying to discover how to better support my husband.  Maybe I'm going about it the wrong way, but the more I understand him, the more I can change me to get things done!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment