Thursday, February 16, 2012

the garden

Today, I actually went out and worked on the garden!  It has been about 6 weeks and grass and weeds have overtaken it.  I did a little less than 1/3 of weeding this morning while Emery was napping. Landon actually helped me shovel dirt out too!  He is such a good kiddo!

This evening I made a yummy meal of kale chips, baked onion rings, and grilled hamburgers with zucchini!  YUM!  I over did it though and the cooking went way past 6pm, Emery was having a melt down, Derry was losing his patients (he doesn't have much to begin with!), and Landon was whining about being hungry.  When most of it was ready, it went out on the table, I grabbed Emery, Landon decided he wasn't hungry anymore, and I still had to wait 10 minutes to grab more food out of the oven.  I ate standing up, worried that I'd get yelled at, and then raced my sweet angel up stairs for bed as soon as the timer went off and I pulled the food out.  I came back down and have just let the food sit there.  I'm so exhausted!  I'll get up in a few (after I blog of course!) and put on a show to watch and put everything up.

So much for a nice family sit down meal that I could enjoy!  So my life goes.

Derry preaches on Sunday.  He stays up late every night and goes to the CRC to study.  I know he is nervous, so if you can pray for him, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment