Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

I have to admit, my Valentine's day didn't start out as happy and wonderful as I would have liked.  Love was not in the air. At all. Not one bit.  Nope.  I felt like Charlie Brown.  Everyone else got presents, except me. =(

But, it did get better, and ended on a great note!

Around 2:45pm, we woke up the kids from their naps.  We felt really bad doing this, because they were BOTH sleeping really well!  Landon's naps have been from around 1pm to 5pm!  Crazy I know!  Emery was on her second (last) nap for the day, but she was out cold when I walked into her room.  We packed them up, and drove over to the Chiang Mai Night Safari!  This place was awesome!  We got the Thai price because Derry took his workers permit. They were having a special for Valentine's Day, a couple for 299 baht!  It would have been 200 each.  The kids got in free.

This price got us in to ride two 30 minute tram rides, a walking path, and the play area (which is AWESOME! It makes me want to be a kid again!).  There were all kinds of animals that would come up to you on the tram and you could feed them bananas and carrots.  It was pretty fun and was beyond my expectations for it.  I've wanted to go there for 3 years now! Finally!

We got back just in time for Emery to be fed, bathed, nursed and put down for the night.  Landon had leftover rice and meat loaf, and we had ordered Indian food (it was SO YUMMY!).  And for dessert, I made heart shaped brownies!  Love is in the air now! =) And in our tummies!

And I forgot! To top it all off, Landon went poopoo in the potty!  Tomorrow he gets ICE CREAM!  Seriously though, he pees just fine in the potty, but pooping is another story! (It wouldn't be a mommy blog without some kind of poop, pee, or puke, right!?) *smile, wink*


Our 299 baht special couple rate at the night safari!

Here we go! First tram!
Emery was captivated with Derry today (it was presh!). 




She was trying to eat the carrots we bought for the animals to eat!
(I let her chew on carrots at home.)
Feeding the zebra!
They were right next to us!
He makes me smile! =)

The animals following us!

Hippos!

Elephants!
Feeding the animals!

Hyena 

Such a beggar!

Tired lion.
Picture with mommy!


These pigs were cute!



At the end of our rides.

Time to play!

Ball girl!


She caught a glimpse of her daddy!

Tired from playing so hard!

Landon go up, up, up!

Heart brownies to end our valentines day!

Nom, nom, nom! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment