Tuesday, April 17, 2012

HOT!

I found out what happened to my pictures, I don't like it, but I can't get them back.  They are forever gone.  This makes me uber sad, but what can I do now?  Nothing!

So, moving on.

It is HOT here.  So hot that it makes me not want to do ANYTHING, and that includes blogging.  Why does this matter?  I don't know, but it does.  Waking up, getting dressed, making breakfast, and sitting down to eat, causes me to want to take a shower again!  My deodorant stops working around 11am.  No joke.  My kids smell like wet rats by noon (no joke again), and by dinner time I don't even want to step inside the inferno of our kitchen (still, no joke, it gets up to 100 in there!).  So, it takes everything that is in me to do stuff on these hot, nasty days.  Why do they call it the dog days of summer?  Because you end up smelling like a dog by10am!  =)

Moving on.  My sweet little girl is obsessed with standing these days.  It is quite adorable and she now claps for herself while she is standing!  I'm amazed she can do the two at the same time, but she is female and is able to multitask already!  My husband and I were chatting the other day about her and we realized that she will be ONE in a month and a half!!!  Where did that time go??  I'm not sure.  It seems like yesterday I was pushing . . . . well, you get the picture.  She still only has TWO teeth.  Not sure where the other ones are, but I am hoping they don't all pop out at once, or maybe I am hoping that!  Get them all out at the same time and over with!  Just don't mix it with this heat and we'll be peachy!

Landon is growing up super fast too.  He is starting to imagine stuff, make up stories, talk in complete sentences, and do everything BY HIMSELF!  He loves his numbers and letters and trying to skip nap time too! (Although, I don't know which he likes more!)  Last night, he let me hold him like a baby and sing to him, like he used to let me do over a year ago.  It was great, and I miss doing that so much!  It rarely lets me touch him (love on him) unless I ask him.  He is a sweet loving kid, but he is go, go, go!

Derry has been out of town this weekend.  I am proud of him for going but I don't get enough sleep at night because I feel so insecure without him here!  Every little noise I hear makes me WIDE AWAKE!  Landon has been missing him too, and Emery was looking for him in our bed this morning.  =)  They love their dada! And he loves and misses them too!

Just to get out of the heat today I took the kids to Big C (the grocery store).  We walked around and grabbed stuff for Derry's office.  Trash can, coffee pot, duster, pencil holder, stapler, etc.  I also 'shopped' our house a bit too.  I will be making him a C.S. Lewis quote to put up on his wall as well as our family photo for his desk.  We bought paint for his office on Friday, now all he needs is a chair!!

And to end . . . a little piece of me goring up has been shared with Landon.  We downloaded a few Animaniacs cartoons for him and now we both sing this song (it's at the very end of the clip). . . . enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment