Monday, October 15, 2012

A Funk

That's what I've been in lately.  A funk.

I think I figured out why.  The kids have been sick and haven't been sleeping as well, so I haven't been sleeping as well, which puts me in a funk.  It is a frustrating funk that I can't explain, it is just miserable.

I'm starting to get out of it though.  My babes are sleeping better (not waking me up coughing or crying out through the night) and waking up later and taking longer naps (AMEN!).  Little man had a fever today and woke up saying he didn't feel good.  All day that is all he said.  "Momma, I don't feel good." This isn't a norm and maybe the first time he has expressed his feelings like this.  Not sure what is going on there.  People are burning fields already at night and we think it is causing these problems, as Derry is waking up with bad allergies too.

On another note, we worked out in the yard all weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  BUT I got a bad sunburn.  Probably the worst I have gotten in years.  It is really bad and it is quite painful.  It is hard to sleep at night because I am hot, pregnant, only able to sleep on one side or the other which hurts my burnt shoulders, and I got up to pee about 10 times last night (that is not a joke or an exaggeration).

So, even with sick kids I've been able to do laundry every day (I have found that it is easier on me, doing a small load to hang out to dry, not so overwhelming), kept up with washing the dishes after each meal (again, a smaller amount, dries faster, easier on me), and cooking a new meal every night!  I like this routine.  I have also started taking a shower right after I put Em down at night.  I would wait and get too tired and not want to take one.  And as dirty as a person gets living in a land of no air conditioners it is wise to take a shower at night.  Just sayin'.

Baby news.  I go to the doctor again this week.  We have come up with a name we have fallen in love with.  Cohen Levi.  Landon and Emery both know this name now.  I ask Em where baby Cohen is and she points to my tummy!  She is more aware of it than Landon was at her age!  I still feel unprepared for this new addition to the family, but do you ever feel prepared?  I'm beginning to think not!  Em's first year went super fast, and I'm sure this little guy's first year will go even faster!  Especially with a furlough put in there!

Hangin' out with dada outside while he mows.
She is actually pulling out the grass for him! 
Making airplanes with daddy at Asher's birthday party!

My two little Aggies in game day gear!

Just lookin' cute from behind. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment