Wednesday, November 7, 2012

People person?

 . . . . not so much!  And I'm okay with that.  It gives me comfort that I can keep busy at home and be happy without having to go out.  I don't mind missing events, and when I'm pregnant (or tired, or just feeling icky) I tend to want to stay home a bit more.  I do push myself to be more of a people person, and get out and do stuff, but only enough to satisfy that part of me that thinks she's missing out just a little.

Lately, I like staying home.  I sew, organize, read to the kids, and get to watch Landon pretend play that there are monsters attacking me!  A few days ago he runs up to me while I was sitting on the couch and he says "Momma, stay there, I'll get the monsters from you!  They won't get you and Emmy!" and of course I say "Oh, thank you Landon!  You are my brave son!  Thank you for saving me and little sister!" =)

There are days that I am bored out of my mind, but then I go outside and work in the garden pulling up weeds, watering, or pruning plants.

Other days I day dream about Cohen's nursery (which won't get set up until about a year from now I think) and Landon's and Emery's joint room (it's gonna be P.I.M.P., just sayin'!).  I daydream about what my next sewing project will be or what the kids will be when they grow up.

Just this evening after a walk after dinner I was talking to Landon and asking him what he wanted to be when he grows up.  His answer (I kid you not) "I want to be a daddy!"  Those words bring joy to a momma's heart! And he told me he wants F.I.V.E. kids!  Does that sound like anyone else you know???? (Ahem, ME!)

Em's just happy getting into EVERYTHING and trying to look cute and innocent while doing it.  I've started giving her my disappointed/mean/no/don't-you-dare mommy face.  She smiles right through it.  I'll have to practice it in the mirror to make sure I'm doing it right and to make sure it is stern enough.  Being the second child she gets away with a lot more than our first born (although Landon is a boy and was into WAY MORE than she is).

Enough of my chatter . . . here are some pics to enjoy.

Me and Em working hard on the garden!

Playing in the garden!

Not sure what he's doing here, but he's cute!


IKEA shopping trip adventure in Bangkok.

There were 5 of us and we had seven shopping carts FULL!

Three of us drove our truck and this is it the day after, heading back to Chiang Mai!
Upon our arrival it was time to unpack!

Me and the two lovely ladies who drove.

My little ghost for Halloween!

According to Landon, Emery was a princess ghost (FIY).  

He was trying to get her to look at the camera.  

Yummy treat from Keisha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment