We were gone, from our home in Thailand, for a little over 4 months. That's a long time. A quarter of a year.
A Q U A R T E R of a Y E A R folks!
When you put it that way it sounds like F O R E V E R! (name that movie!!)
Anyway, I've been very busy during my time outside with the kids lately. It is mandatory that they play outside every day for a few hours ( you know, to run off steam and get out of the house). During this time I enjoy working in the yard and making it look pretty!
Today my adventures included, pulling weeds out of a planter, including half of the plant (just some rose moss, it grows like weeds) and then replanting it to make it 'look pretty'.
I also weeded a potted plant (come on, how do potted plants get weeds in them? Oh yeah, birds, seeds, poop, etc. *frown*) and then straightened the potted plant up. It had some how fallen to its side? Not sure, but it happened.
And then I tried to get two huge pots unstuck (which the hubster had to come and pull them apart for me). He is pretty amazing (after he admitted to almost giving up on JUST BEFORE he got them unstuck *true story*).
So, I love to garden, did I mention that? And since we were gone for FOUR LONG MONTHS and it was during the rainy season here in Thailand, things got a little . . . . ummmmmm, overgrown and weedy (is that even a word?). You get the picture.
So I'm sure it will take me 4 months to get it all back to normal and looking fabulous. You will cheer me on won't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment