Sunday, November 10, 2013

Why I can't do laundry just one day a week . . .

I could totally make a commercial about the amazingness that is our new washing machine.  I
 love it,  E V E R Y   D A Y.

I love that it has a HOT water option.  Our other one did not have this option.  Nope.  Just cold water ALL THE TIME.

Our clothes have come out cleaner, softer, and smelling yummy!

Can you picture it?  I can!

Now, for the title of this post.  Over our furlough (in which I think I just posted on the blog twice) we stayed with my big sista off and on through those four months.  I got to see how she does things around her house (yes sister, I still look up to you whether you like it or not!  maybe change some of my ways because of you? you betcha!  but your an amazing example and I love ya!).

So this big sister of mine only does laundry one day a week.  Monday.
Monday was her wash day.  Me?  I didn't like the pile up, so I tried to do it a few times throughout the week.

But, here are my reasons for not being able to do laundry just once a week in Thailand . . . . our dryer, is outside, a rack, and if it's raining, which half the year it is, then it could take D A Y S for the laundry to dry.  DAYS!


Here is our drying racks.  The one on the left is for the kids' clothes, and the one on the right is for  mommy and daddy's clothes plus towels, etc.  
This is only half of our laundry out.  There is still a load in the washer to hang.
Here is the kids rack.
 These racks may look big enough to you, but when you start adding towels, washcloths, hand towels, blankets, etc., they feel up FAST!  And most of the time I have to wash two sets of sheets only to drape over each rack.  I can't wash them all on the same day of doing regular laundry.

Let's talk about the rainy season.  It rains 6 - 7 months out of the year.  During this time, sometimes you can't do laundry for a few WEEKS!  It rains EVERY DAY during rainy season.

We've also had flash rains.  I'll have laundry outside on the dryer, and all of a sudden it is poring down rain. We'll run outside and have to bring both of the racks inside, OR we'll run outside and find ALL OF THE CLOTHES on the ground, soaked, and we'll have to wash them all over again.

I'm hoping to save up money for a dryer one of these days.  Just to use in the rainy season, because with a family of five, laundry is more and more important.




No comments:

Post a Comment