Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's raining =)

Today was such a hodge-podge kind of day. L woke up extra early and extra cranky! I pulled him in bed with me and E to watch and episode of Bubble Guppies, then I dragged myself out of bed, got dressed, and carried the kids down. Nap time couldn't come fast enough today, but it was short lived. The morning drew on like a bad movie. Where was this day going? I tried to make L happy and keep him busy, but it didn't seem to work. Finally, lunch, where he ate a ton of food, and then to bed early. Only to wake less than an hour later (I'm still not sure if he actually slept). I walked into his room and I new instantly why he was so cranky this morning. The smell permeated my nose and I think even burned a few nose hairs away. He pooped. It was some stinky stuff. Almost as if a skunk had perused through his room during the nap. The only times he gets diapers these days is nap time, night time, and outings.

[He holds it in like a champ (except for that one time last week when I ran to put E down on the bed while L was in the bathtub, and I came back to see poop floating in the water). Oops! Mommy wasn't fast enough for that one! ]

So, I grab E, we walk downstairs, and the diaper gets changed. I refuse to let him watch cartoons, as I had used that during the extremely looooooooooooooooong morning. He was a happier child now. Almost as if a load had been lifted (or dropped in a diaper!).
One of these days he'll poop in the potty again, just not soon enough. Sometimes I think to myself "will he be potty trained by the time my in-laws are here in November?". Probably not fully, but I don't mind packing up his potty chair if we take any small trips anywhere to stop and let him go. =)
The rest of the evening I had a very unhappy second child. She didn't want me to put her down for a second. She was extra gassy, and extra chewy on that sweet little hand of hers. I did get her to laugh again though (such a sweet little sound!).
Tomorrow I plan on going to the mall (but they open at 11am, what!). Such a bad time, but maybe it will be good to get the kids out and me out of the house for a bit.
Derry is having a great time in the village. I'm super excited for him. I tell him a lot about my day, but I don't want him to think I am completely miserable taking care of my kiddos. I want him to have fun, enjoy speaking Thai, learn new things, and grow spiritually while he is there. This is important to him, and to me. Norma has called me every day since he has been gone and her and David brought us dinner over last night (they just got back from being in Canada for a while). I guess Derry had called her to have her check on me for him. =) Such a sweet gesture, yes?
That is all! I should have done my workout tonight, but I wanted a little ME time. Yes, I am that mom! I need some me time every now and then! *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment